Thursday, January 15, 2009

Coffee Lovers - How You Can Save $1000 A Year


I love Starbucks just as much as any coffee drinker. I even asked for a Starbucks card for a Christmas present. But I just read something that came as a big shock to me. If I start making my coffee at home and put it in a stainless steel thermos instead of buying that $4 cup of coffee that I have become accustomed to, I can save about $1000 a year. Yes, you read that right!

Figure. If you buy one (only one, mind you) $4 cup of coffee every working day of the week, that will total $1040. Most of us have more than one cup on occasion, so we will take that into consideration and round up to $1100. But if you buy a thermos for $20, filter/papers for $10 and coffee for a year for around $60. (assuming you already have a coffee maker, as most coffee drinkers do)... and make that morning cup of coffee to take with you ... you will save a hefty $1000 during the year.

This is a major, major savings, and well worth the consideration. So sorry Starbucks but we're all in this boat together!

No comments:

Post a Comment